Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Days 43 & 44 - A gift from a friend






I was outside washing my car. It was a splendid autumn afternoon, with a red dramatic sky over the forest. Coming back in house, checking my mail... a mail announcing me about a gift. A precious gift.
Usually, gifts are made by friends to friends. But this gift was given to me by somebody I hardly know as a person. I know his artistic work and this is enough to consider him my "art-friend". But him? He made this gift to me. I must tell you that this is one of the fewest gifts of this kind received in my life... He did it simply because he likes my work. True friendship.
So, I added a link to his Flickr page on my blog. And I will put here some of the images created by him. His name is BRETT WALKER. Thank you Brett, once again. And I am sure we will drink a beer sometime soon in London.
The first image above this text (the man smoking) is a portrait of Brett made by John Gladdy.




0 comments:

Post a Comment