Sunday, June 24, 2007

Day 270 - The Sartorialist

Just discovered today a fantastic blog - Thanks Alina!
This is The Sartorialist - I just can't stop watching it and I wish it will never end.
The brilliant man behind it says:
"I started The Sartorialist simply to share photos of people that I saw on the streets of New York that I thought looked great. When I worked in the fashion industry (15 years), I always felt that there was a disconnect between what I was selling in the showroom and what I was seeing real people (really cool people) wearing in real life".
And he is absolutely right. Fashion, above all, it what you see in the street, not on the catwalks, glossy magazines or stores.
I love the way he see these "fashion characters", I love the way he photograph them, I love the fact that - as he says - everything started from this photography done by August Sander.


So... watch The Sartorialist: briliant, smart, simply, clever - a big idea. It is wonderful.
Selected as one of Time Magazine's Top 100 design Influencers.

And here one of my favorite images from this blog.





0 comments:

Post a Comment