Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 939 - Diane Arbus Quotes

• I always thought of photography as a naughty thing to do - that was one of my favorite things about it, and when I first did it, I felt very perverse.
• I never have taken a picture I've intended. They're always better or worse.
• It's important to take bad pictures. It's the bad ones that have to do with what you've never done before. They can make you recognize something you hadn't seen in a way that will make you recognize it when you see it again.
• A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.
• There are things which nobody would see unless I photographed them.
• I work from awkwardness. By that I mean I don't like to arrange things. If I stand in front of something, instead of arranging it, I arrange myself.
• One thing I would never photograph is a dog lying in the mud.


Diane Arbus

0 comments:

Post a Comment