Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 971- Helmut Newton quotes


It's that I don't like white paper backgrounds. A woman does not live in front of white paper. She lives on the street, in a motor car, in a hotel room.


I hate good taste. It's the worst thing that can happen to a creative person.

Some people's photography is an art. Not mine. Art is a dirty word in photography. All this fine art crap is killing it already.

A favorite shot of mine is one of a woman wearing Bulgari jewels and stuffing a chicken. Needless to say, Bulgari thought it was a terrible thing for me to do with their jewels.

I like girls who are just starting. They have not been formed, they have no routine, they have not been in front of the camera.

My job as a portrait photographer is to seduce, amuse and entertain.


Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.


Helmut Newton

0 comments:

Post a Comment