Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Day 225 - Censored images

Well, I will post here the images that were previously displayed on FLICKR. Their staff censored all my images, including those that were simple portraits, landscapes or urban wiews. All my images were put to "moderate" and my stream was made visible only for those who already had a Flickr account. So, my stream was suddenly not free anymore. But, more than that, every single image - no matter the subject - was altered with a visual filter. One had to click on it open to see what was that image about. It was like a mad gallerist in an art gallery that is covering artworks with a white blanket, putting every visitor in the situation to lift that blanket in order to see the image.
I was not warned in advance about such a measure. I sent Flickr staff 2 e-mails, but nobody answered. It is very possible that Fickr staff was acting in such a manner because of somebody's complaint. But they never presented me such a complaint. They gave me a 30 days term to moderate my stream, but I didn't do that because I am convinced that my images were not harmful in any way - except for talibans or other kind of "spiritual" terrorists, fanatics or fundamentalists. Of course we are talking about my images with women, not those with kids.
So I will post here all the images with women that were previously on Flickr, just to let anybody see how harmful they are. I will write under every such image: "Image censored by Flickr".
I am not the only artist censored by Flickr - there were many cases.

0 comments:

Post a Comment