Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day 862 - Freedom of expression

Well, I started this blog in 2006. But now, in February 2009, blogger.com - without any prior warning - decided to put that "content warning" page on my blog. They said some readers of my blog questioned and complained about the content. I would not get into that old and useless debate about freedom of artistic expression. But I consider it as an unfair, hypocrite and stupid political correctness act of censorship. 

I will mention only one aspect. It is hilarious how, if we accept that my content is considered as "sexually agressive" (which I think it is far from truth), they can deny the proven fact that the main "engine" of  Internet development was SEX. 
It is hilarious how we can watch nude TV commercials, but here, in this "niche world" of  my blog, artistic nudity is considered dangerous. 
I will use once again that quote from Boards Of Canada.
"Now that the show is over and we have jointly exercised our constitutional rights, we would like to leave you with one very important thought.
Sometime in the future you may have the opportunity to serve as a juror in censorship cases - or so called obscenity cases.
It would be wise to remember that the same people who stop you from listening to Boards of Canada, may be back next year to complain about a book or even a TV program.
IF YOU COULD BE TOLD WHAT YOU CAN SEE OR READ, THEN IT FOLLOWS THAT YOU COULD BE TOLD WHAT TO SAY OR THINK.
Defend your constitutionally protected rights.
No one else would do it for you.
Thank you"
Michael Sandison & Marcus Eoin Sandison - Boards Of Canada

0 comments:

Post a Comment