Thursday, September 28, 2006

Day Seven - About the yellow light

Because an image is only one of the many faces of something I have seen - a memory of an image - I alter it according to what I remember I was feeling at the time the image was shot. Then, I combine it with the mood of the memories about the person depicted in the image. Very, very subjective process...
I sometimes feel like using this toxic, acid yet somehow nostalgic, ill and sad yellow tint. I replace the white in the picture with this industrial yellow. This happens when my memory about that image is saying: melancholy, sadness, acalmy, panic, loneliness, unknown fears...
See images bellow.
This young girl was dominated by the fear of becoming a loser - a poor waitress in a small country town. She deserved more than that - she was very kind, very polite, very fragile, soft and beautiful. But, unfortunately, she hadn't many chances to change her life...

0 comments:

Post a Comment