Sunday, September 24, 2006

Day Three - Naked

Naked doesn't necessarily means naked skin. For me naked sometimes means the purity of a certain look, expression, gesture, movement, feeling, action... as I see it at a certain moment. I ask my models to be natural and honest, to let themselves be true, uninhibited - even they are naked, half naked or fully dressed. Naked is also sincerity.
This 4 new images previously uploaded are showing this, I think.

And one more thing. I gave-up analog imaging (negatives, slides) in 2002, when I bought my first digital camera. Apart from many objective and subjective reasons, one stands out as TRUE: it doesn't matter what type of material the artist is using to create and communicate his vision. You can create art out of almost everything as long as you have a vision transformed by artistical means into valuable messages for peoples. The history of art proved this many times. So, the conception that analog photography is more "noble" than digital imaging is pure bull-shit. Crap. Snobbery. Narrow-mind. Digital imaging is simply another artistic option. And I don't believe also in that stupid theory about "major arts" and "minor arts". There is art or no-art. The time will tell...

0 comments:

Post a Comment