Thursday, September 20, 2007

Day 368 - Strange

This is an image made by Russian photographer Alina Lebedeva (www.alina-lebedeva.ru/). Just found it this morning. But the moment I found it I had a shock. It is not the first time when it is happening. I experienced that several times in my life.
I have this friend of mine who suffered a car accident. Two days ago I visited him in the hospital, together with Julian. While I was walking on the corridor toward his hospital room, I saw a female white silhouette trough the glass walls of nurses office. When I was close enough, I could see the woman face. She was tall, slim and incredible beautiful. Her face with shimmering big blue eyes made me stop unable to move for several seconds. I just sat there looking at her not knowing what to do. But I was feeling that urge to know her, to talk to her, to learn her... It was clear: I must get in contact with her to see if I can photograph her. She was also looking at me, not smiling, but very intrigued (not upset) like if she thought she knew me from somewhere. Strange moment: me, the glass wall, her - standing still, looking at each other. But I had to move, Julian called me as he was already in our friend's room. I saw in Julian's eyes that he noticed the woman too.
When we left, Julian went ahead on the corridor. She was there and again we stood still for several seconds, looking at each other. Then I had to move again. Downstairs I told Julian: "Man, she is wonderful. I must get to photograph her". He said: "You are right, maybe you'll be lucky". Next day I asked our friend to talk with her on my behalf. He said he will do it - she was one of the nurses taking care of him.
This was yesterday. And this morning, while waiting for an answer, I discovered this portrait made by Lebedeva.
THIS WOMAN LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THE NURSE IN THE HOSPITAL.
Do you believe in signs?
Now I have one more motive to get to photograph the nurse - to study this fantastic similarity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment