Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Day 381 - Romanian Rhapsody

Just half an hour ago, while I was cooking some sliced boiled potatoes with sliced onions and sliced smoked ham mixed in a pan with some condiments, I felt the terrible urge to listen "The Romanian Rhapsody 2" by George Enescu.
Why?
Well, maybe because is autumn and the cold wind was breathing through the forest leaves; or because it was a splendid autumn sunset; or maybe because I was cooking something that my grand mother used to cook in my childhood; or maybe because I am not so young anymore; or maybe because in the last weeks I was listening a radio station on iTunes that plays only baroque classic music; or maybe because two hours ago I was gardening... and I walked barefoot on the grass...

Well, I know some passages from this rhapsody by heart. I can hear them into my head. But I want to listen to the whole piece.
Bella Bartok once said that Enescu's music will be understood only in 21th century. Maybe he was right. I terribly miss this music. I do not have it my house. Tomorrow I will get the CD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment