Monday, October 8, 2007

Day 386 - Words on: Beethoven

Beethoven's 7 th Symphony in A Major, Op. 92. I am almost obsessed by this piece of music since adolescence. Lately, I (re)discovered that wonderful movie with Karajan conducting Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra posted on YouTube. No spectators, only the conductor and orchestra in an empty round room.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8eigkwmMEo
Then a friend told me: "No, it is not the best interpretation of the 7th. Karajan is too aggressive..."
So, I went on searching. I listened the 7th conducted by Kleiber, Furtwangler, Noseda, Latshaw. I still think that at least for me Karajan's interpretation is the best so far. And I don't consider he is too aggressive, but rather very energetic, because this symphony is about a strange sort of joy - maybe that joy of the sad glory...
So, now I will go to the music shops in town trying to find this particular CD: Beethoven's 7th with Karajan.
Until then, I am watching that video recording on YouTube every day.
Beethoven himself said: "The Grand Symphony in A, one of my very best".
Form the whole 4 parts, my favorite are "III. Presto; Presto meno assai" and "IV. Finale allegro con brio".
Enjoy it on YouTube.

0 comments:

Post a Comment